Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My friend

Had Inspiration tonight, here goes.....

Bad news
Bad day
rain, emptiness in my bones
hair won't stay down, or dry
all from the falling rain thats now streaming from my face
That comment,
Those words
sending chills through my body
knives through my heart
hopes, dreams, aspirations feel crushed
One day
A day to change my mind
badness making me think its not possible
impossible
at the sight of the bad
the sound of the comment
the coolness from the wind
and the pain from my day
i run
run to him
my friend
not one i chat endlessly with
not one ive spent days with
known for a while
friend for not long
confidant
truly caring there you stand
i run
drenched in rain
chills cover my wet body
I search the crowds
faces and faces
to find you
my familiar friend
we both have pain
hurt
sorrow from unchangeable childhood memories
different worlds we were born into
different situations
yet we meet
we mend
you and me
me and you
trust
its been so long
but i trust you
I scan the streets
the homes
sidewalks
bridges
in my pain
in that sorrow
i search
search for you
my friend
with open arms
open heart
open ears
i spot you
standing out amoung the chatter
i run to you
to your arms
feeling spill out
to you
my confidant
safety is back
the rain begins to dry
tears retrace back to where they started
i feel true friendship
often
i search for you

No comments:

Post a Comment